Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh no!...english again!




I was 14 years learning english in the school, and every year I learned the same, do and does, sang a song, to be verb, for what? For nothing, because when I gave the english test I could see that I didn`t know nothing, because for my surprise I had been in level 1!! I fell in a deep depression. But if I see the good side, learn english again it would be a very good chance to learn this language well. All we should take the advantage the opportunity that they are giving to us for learn english, it is very important know this language.

In this university learn english is obligatory, there are four levels. And how I tell you I began in the first level and now I`m in my last level and I´m very happy for that. I think that the english test with the university measure your level of english it is not so good, because sometimes there are people that know speak and talk in this languaje but they don´t get through the test. And I don´t understand. Well, but in my case I agree with the decision to put me in the first level in a 100 percent, because it was true, my level of english it was not so good.

I have to said, when I started english course the teacher was very nice, but he taught a very basic english and the difference with the next level (level two) it was so big for me and my classmate. Add more, I thought that the this courses didn´t give me the necessary elements for help me to increase my grammar and my skills for speak in english, but I`m wrong, in had a fellow in english one, and she knew nothing about this language, she barely knew the alphabet, but now she know a lot of english, I admire her because she has improved very much. In my case, the truth is that I don`t have the best grammar or the best pronunciation, but if I get lost in the EEUU, I could speak, like and Indian, but I know that I could communicate with them.

I think that the idea of teach english to the college students is a good opportunity for us, because many people don`t have the resources to pay an english course. And in this world that we live in it is very important know this language, there are a lot of papers in english and the update information is also in this language. For my experience in this four semesters of english course, I can said is very important have motivation, dedication and engagement. The most students don`t have this elements, I think it is important create awareness among the students about the importance of learn english.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment