Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our mother earth


“…During my life I have dreamed of seeing the great herds of wild animals, jungles and forests full of birds and butterflies, but now I ask if they even exist for my children to see.

Did you have to ask you these things when you were my age?...”

Like this one girl, called Severn Cullis-Suzuki, of only 13 year old began the speech in front of the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro. Along with group members Michelle Quigg, Vanessa Suttie, and Morgan Geisler, Cullis-Suzuki presented environmental issues from a youth perspective at the summit, where she was applauded for a speech to the delegates.

This speech, made me think about the world that I live, and you live too. When I finished to see this video, I saw my house and almost all the lights were on! And this light were not being used!!.

All the government spoke about a lot of things, like the delinquency, the economic, of the education, but the environment issues are very few times when they are touched, only they are touched when the pollution indices are very highs or when one green organizations does some noise.

I think that we have to do something for the world where we live; I want that my kids see all the beautiful things of this world, the forest, jungle, etc. I want my children to know the tigers, just there are only between 3000 to 4000 tigers in the wild state!!!

Some people do something for change our behavior, they do a lot of things, and sometimes it is a style of life. But, it is not necessary change all your life style, just if you turn off the lights that are not being used, recycle all the things that you can, don`t through the papers in the floor!

One of the action most important that we can do all for maintain a clean environment is the recycling. There are a lot of things that we can recycle. There are containers in the supermarket for recycling, you just need the desire and motivation to make this world a better place.

When I listen the speech of ECO, I started to recycle, with my mom separate the plastic of the carton and the glass, and then my mom put this material in the containers of the supermarket. It is impressive, is a lot of material that could become litter! This is a little contribution to improving the environment, but if you don`t start with something, how can you argue against the destructions of our world.


I like this world, and I don`t want that all his beauty will be destroyed, or ill continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment